Music, both Orthodox liturgical music from different traditions and folk music from many lands, is always an important part of OFSJB Youth events, which is how the choir came about. Now known as “Mosaic”, we meet regularly for rehearsal, concerts and the occasional workshop and even tours.
We perform across the UK and abroad, to raise awareness of the Orthodox Fellowship of St John the Baptist, and also as a fundraising opportunity. This photo was taken in July 2014 during the OFSJB conference on ‘Music in Orthodox Worship’.
Eventually we aim to make recordings of Vespers, the Vigil, and the Liturgy and also music for Holy Week, Pascha, and the Feasts. We also would also like to produce a recording of folk music because we have so much fun exploring the musical folk traditions of our members.
To find out more about the choir, how to join, and about our performances, email us at email@example.com with your details. Our music files are stored on Dropbox, and rehearsals are currently Thursday or Friday evenings in Central London.
Find out about our latest events
Visit our YouTube Channel and hear us sing
To find out about our latest performances check OFSJB latest news
- 7th December, 4:30pm, at the Church of St Anthony and St John the Baptist, N7 6RT. Winter concert of the Mosaic Choir.
- 11th November, 1pm, at the Guild Church of St Martin, EC4M 7DE. A free lunchtime concert with the London-based Mosaic Choir and the Chorale Saint Martin from Paris, for the Feast of St Martin.
- Sunday 9th November, 4:30pm, at the Cathedral of St Sophia, W2 4LQ. A concert featuring the Mosaic Choir, and the Chorale Saint Martin from Paris.
- 4th-6th July (during Fellowship Conference on Orthodox Music at High Leigh Conference Center); includes a concert with the Coptic Choir on evening of 5 July, with the Liturgy on Sunday.
- 24th-26th May. Choir trip to Paris to meet and sing with members of a choir similar to the Mosaic Choir.
- Sunday 27 April (Thomas Sunday), Hierarchical Liturgy at 10:00 with Metropolitan Kallistos at the Parish of Transfiguration in Winchester, followed by an afternoon concert by the Mosaic Choir.
- Saturday 22 February. Concert at the Church of St Nicholas, Amsterdam.
- Saturday 15 February, 3:30pm. Concert for residents of Lee House, Wimbledon.
- Friday 17 January, 6pm, Society of Antiquaries, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London. Annual Vasilopitta Party for the Friends of Mount Athos – for booking details see http://www.athosfriends.org/events/vasilopitta/ £30 or £20 for students.
- A Winter Journey: songs from Europe and beyond. Saturday 30 November, 3pm, Church of St Andrew, Holborn, London. Tickets £4/£2 for children. Also featuring an international bake sale. All proceeds to be divided between the Orthodox Fellowship of St John the Baptist and the Syria Relief Fund.
- Christmas concert. Friday 13 December, 6:30pm, Chapel of King’s College London, Strand, London. Christmas carols galore, with traditional favourites and European gems. Free to attend, with a retiring collection for the Orthodox Fellowship of St John the Baptist and the Syria Relief Fund.
- WEDDING, Anna and Emmanuel Wedlock at the Church of the Annunciation and Holy Trinity, Canterbury Road, Oxford, 5 October 2013.
- WEDDING, Alexia and Christos Papalexandrakou at the Church of the Twelve Apostles, Hatfield, 20 July 2013.
- CONCERT AT PARISH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL, Clapham – 24 March 2013, 15:00
- NEW YEAR’S CONCERT – At the Society for Antiquities, Burlington House in London for FOMA – 6:30 pm Monday 14 January 2013
- CHRISTMAS CONCERT – St John the Baptist Romanian Church in Luton – 4 pm Sunday 9 December 2012
- PRINCE’S SCHOOL OF TRADITIONAL ARTS Charlotte Road, London – Thursday 22 November 2012: Event for the students and teachers of the Art School
- MONTENEGRO – End of August 2012: A tour of the country performing in various venues such as monasteries and cultural centers.
- CONCERT AT ST NEKTARIOS, Battersea – 27 May 2012: Fund-raising concert
- CONCERT IN BATH – 6 May 2012: Fund-raising concert
- CONCERT AT ST GEORGE’S CATHEDRAL, London – 26 March 2011: Fund-raising concert
- CONCERT IN NORTHAMPTON – November 20 2010
Source: Mosaic Webpage